- Increase, by 1,000, the number of low-income children attending free, quality preschool programs.
- Increase the percentage of children who are ready for kindergarten from 51% to 75% by 2020
- Increase 4rd grade reading proficiency in central Iowa school districts from 76.5% (2014) to 90% by 2020. (Iowa Dept. of Education- District Reports)
- Increase the high school graduation rate for central Iowa students from 92.11% (5 year graduation rate-2013) to 95% by 2020. (Iowa Dept. of Education)
- Increase the high school graduation rate for central Iowa students in poverty (receiving free and reduced price lunch) from 83.2% (4 year graduation rate-2014) to 95% by 2020.
- Increase high school equivalency diploma completion from 827 (2014) to 2,000 per year for 5 years (2020) with a cumulative goal of increasing the number of equivalency diplomas by 10,000. (Iowa Dept. of Education)
- Increase the percentage of central Iowa adults who have high-quality degrees, certificates and other credentials to 75 percent by 2025 with educational outcomes aligning to workforce needs.